Friday 16 December 2011

But....

Noisy trash like Tyvek, Johnny Thunders and Iggy & the Stooges pisses all over them (The Beatles)... A good pop song is a good pop song. It moves the masses, creates a sing-a-long and forms mass memories and emotion........ But the screaming and wailing of a less-than-quarter coherent Iggy Pop lolling around on a table with shards of glass sticking out of his chest is so much more of a thrill and musical epiphany than 'love, love, love, we all need love, love, love...'....


Take your kafkans and your friggin' joss-sticks and shove it. I want visceral experience. To quote the great Iggy Pop:


"Look, you're here to see me, and I can't go on until my dealer is here, and he's waiting to be paid, so give me some money so I can fix up, and then you'll get your show"

Iggy & the Stooges - Live at the Whiskey a Go Go (17/10/73):

http://www.mediafire.com/?uuu17j8sickmp3i

It's raw, recorded in someone's sweating armpit and exudes more power and attitude then the past three decades put together... I don't care if it's on headphones, car stereo or some shitty cassette deck from the eighties.... blast this and have your mind blown.... Whatever your view on drugs is, they aided in the creation of some of the most visceral, heart-felt, energetic music created. Like I've said before... I ain't golden and I ain't no fucking starchild...

No comments:

Post a Comment